END OF TERM THANK YOU
Dear Parents & Carers
Today marks the end of an extraordinary semester of schooling, the likes of which we hope we will not experience again. For many of our staff, students and families the anxiety and uncertainty created by our community environment, first through smoke, then fires, hail, and recently a global pandemic, has been at least unsettling and frequently distressing.
I want to thank all our families for your concern and support through this time. We have experienced so many stories of learning under adversity, triumph over challenges and truly sacramental moments amidst the move to remote learning and return to face to face teaching. I cannot thank you enough for the trust you have in our school.
I would also like to express my thanks to our amazing staff. They have dug deep in recent months to do all they can to support our students and their families. A simple thank you does not seem to adequately express how inspiring they have been and how fortunate we are to have such a wonderful team.
Amidst so many challenges, our students have also been incredible. Their resilience, willingness to grow, and adapt has been inspirational. Their daily smiles and interactions have boosted us all.
I am even more certain now than ever, that Holy Spirit and all we stand for and live out, has been experienced this semester. Thank you!
TERM 3 RESTRICTIONS
We are ready for the next stage of our COVID-19 roadmap. From Monday 20 July, the following activities can resume, providing government health advice, and physical distancing requirements are followed.
- Morning drop off and courts parking will return to normal, but parents are asked to only enter the grounds if necessary and remain outside of classrooms;
- In the mornings, students will continue to drop their bags at their classrooms and play. We will only meet for a morning assembly on the Concrete on Monday mornings.
- Volunteers and other service providers may again enter school but will need to sign in at the Front Office for tracing purposes.
- Prayer assemblies will resume on Wednesdays, however, without parents due to limitations on parent/carer numbers (as per health advice) and lack of space for physical distancing in the hall.
- Parent-teacher interviews will be face to face (more information next term)
- Excursions may resume, however as groups must not exceed 100 people (this number includes adults) we may have to do this with 2 classes at a time.
- Afternoon routine will remain as per normal but families are asked to remain outside of classrooms and to observe physical distancing.
Please note physical distancing, hand sanitiser and tracing are still a requirement with adults.
We appreciate your patience and supporting us with the easing of restrictions. We look forward to moving ahead over the next 6 months to get back to some more normal routines and practices.
May the Lord bless you and keep you and your families and may His face shine upon you.
Best wishes for a safe and restful school break.
ELC parent Update
Dear ELC Families
Please find attached the final update for Term 2 T2_Week_Final_parent_update.pdf
Enjoy the 2 week break.
July 2 Newsletter
FIRST RECONCILIATION & FIRST EUCHARIST INFORMATION NIGHT
For children in Year 3 or above wishing to receive the Sacraments of Reconciliation & Eucharist in 2020, an information session will be held via Zoom TOMORROW night.
When: Tuesday 30 June, 2020
Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86363268286
If you have any queries, please contact Louise Johnson in the Parish Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please find attached information regarding the 2020 ICAS Assessments.
June 25 Newsletter
ELC parent update
Dear ELC Families,
Please find attached the parent update T2_Week_9_parent_update.pdf