The Australian Curriculum: The Arts comprises five subjects: Dance, Drama, Media Arts, Music and Visual Arts.
The Australian Curriculum: The Arts guides teachers at Holy Spirit School and aims to develop students’:
- creativity, critical thinking, aesthetic knowledge and understanding about arts practices, through making and responding to artworks with increasing self-confidence
- arts knowledge and skills to communicate ideas; they value and share their arts and life experiences by representing, expressing and communicating ideas, imagination and observations about their individual and collective worlds to others in meaningful ways
- use of innovative arts practices with available and emerging technologies, to express and represent ideas, while displaying empathy for multiple viewpoints
- understanding of Australia’s histories and traditions through the arts, engaging with the artworks and practices, both traditional and contemporary, of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples
- understanding of local, regional and global cultures, and their arts histories and traditions, through engaging with the worlds of artists, artworks, audiences and arts professions.
For more information about The Arts content taught and sample portfolios at each year level, please see the Australian Curriculum – The Arts.